With the aging process, one can see fine lines around the eyes, mouth, nose, even on the chin and forehead. This happens because the tissues lose their elasticity and volume after a certain age.
As the collagen decreases in these tissues, they become thin. Thinning of the tissues makes wrinkles and aging lines surface.
While certain individuals are going to a better way of life, work out, or even cosmetics, there are times when nothing has an effect. Dermal fillers are a corrective treatment during which mucopolysaccharide is infused into the lower layer of skin to smooth the skin, fill in wrinkles and gives the skin a more full, firmer appearance.
One such popular procedure that is famous among both women and men is dermal fillers.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are a mix of various substances forming a gel-like substance. It is injected under the facial skin. The substance will act as a volume enhancer to the facial tissue.
As the volume of the tissue increases, the fine lines and wrinkles get visibly reduced. This not only helps in reducing wrinkles but also is effective as a contouring solution.
Some of the main dermal filler types that are present in the aesthetic cosmetic industry are:
– HA or Hyaluronic acid: HA is already found in the skin. But, with age, the amount decreases. It is natural plumper as it makes the tissues hydrated. The result of these fillers can stay up to 6 to 12 months.
– Poly-L-Lactic acid: This is a synthetic substance found are fillers. It is biodegradable and biocompatible. It is a collagen builder and thus helps stimulate the increase of collagen in the facial tissue. This type of filler injection shows its effect for up to 2 years.
– CaHa or calcium Hydroxylapatite: CAHa is a substance found in bones. The fine particles are suspended in a biocompatible gel injected into the facial tissue. It also helps in boosting collagen naturally. The effect of these fillers can stay up to 12 months.
– Autologous Fat Injections: This is a surgery-based dermal fillers. The fat is taken from various sources and is injected into the facial tissue. The fat is first cleaned and purified and then used as fillers.
Benefits of dermal fillers
Some of the benefits of using dermal fillers are:
– The fillers can help reduce the fine lines on the lips, both horizontal and vertical.
– It helps reduce the parenthesis, marionette lines, and smile lines.
– The lips can be made whole and plump.
– The crow’s feet near the eyes can be treated with fillers.
– Dermal fillers can be used to enhance facial features, and it helps fill the sunken cheeks.
– Fillers are effective in reducing the chin lines.
How to choose a dermal filler clinic?
Now, let’s find out what factors one should consider while choosing a dermal filler clinic.
– Accreditations: The clinic should be accredited by the national cosmetic association.
– Certified: The dermal fillers should be certified by the required regulatory boards and associations.
– Experience: Always choose a clinic that has the required experience in the industry. They should have a proven record of patients.
– Services: Always choose a clinic that offers a range of services to the clients.
Dermal fillers are proven to be safe and are highly effective in making the fine lines and wrinkles vanish.