If you’re looking for seductive, luscious, thick waves, body wave curls are the hair for you. Body wave hair is a fundamental style that is always popular and embraced by ladies.
Maintaining the texture of the body wave closure bob wig or weave can make any hairstyle you wear stand out and appear beautiful. This can also boost your self-esteem because when you look good, you feel good.
Today, we will share our top secrets to maintaining body wave curls on your wigs and weaves.
How To Maintain Body Wave Hair Pattern?
Follow these maintenance secrets regularly to maintain your Indian or Brazilian body wave lace wigs or weaves! These are for when you are wearing your body wave wig or weave.
Detangling Your Body Wave Hair
To properly disentangle your body wave hair, use your fingers from ends to top, starting at the roots that will cause breakage. Then, take a large tooth comb and brush it.
Once your body wave closure bob wig or body wave bundle is completely free of knots, use a paddle brush to comb and style it.
Washing Your Body Wave Hair
If you wear a body wave weave installation, then wash it once a week. We recommend washing it once after 10 years with a Brazilian body wave lace wig. Washing your body wave hair only when required will help maintain the unit and the pattern for longer.
As always, it is important to use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Ensure that you aren’t rubbing the wig or the weave against your scalp.
Rinse both shampoo and conditioner until the water runs clear.
Drying Your Body Wave Hair
After the shower, use a soft towel and dab to remove excess water. Do not rub the body wave closure bob wig. Even your body wave hair is fragile when it is wet.
One of our biggest secrets is letting the body wave hair air dry. If you are in a hurry, apply a bit of heat protectant and blow-dry on a low setting.
Pro Tip: If your body wave hair has curly patterns, then use a diffuser to dry & maintain the gorgeous shape at the same time.
Once your body wave hair has dried to 70%, use a lightweight serum and gently apply it to the hair. We recommend following the pattern of the body wave hair as you apply the serum.
You can also use mousse and other lightweight gels to mold and maintain your body wave hair’s curly or wavy texture.
A Nightly Routine To Maintain The Body Wave Pattern
Whether you are wearing a Brazilian body wave lace wig or body wave weave, your nightly hair routine must include braiding your hair!
Follow these steps:
- Detangle your body wave hair and divide it into two sections.
- Brush it and get your favorite hair serum ready.
- Apply the serum a few inches away from the weft all the way until the ends.
- Then, braid your hair into a three-strand braid on both sides.
- Use a scarf and use it to wrap your edges.
- Pin the braids up and wrap them with a large scarf. Ensure that your hair is completely covered.
Additional Tips For Body Wave Closure Bob Wigs And Weaves
Here are a few additional tips that you need to remember and practice to maintain the pattern!
- Never scratch your body wave closure bob wigs and Brazilian body wave lace wigs because the lace is extremely delicate. With body wave hair extensions, be extremely gentle when washing, combing, or styling.
- The materials you use to maintain your extensions significantly impact their appearance. To maintain the pattern, do not use heavy cream-based products. These products will weigh down the wavy and curly pattern.
- Body wave wigs or extensions minimize heat styling. Excessive heat will damage your body wave bob hair irreversibly. Use heatless styling methods whenever possible!
- Both your wig and extension should always be wrapped with a silk scarf before bed. No matter how much time you invest in maintaining the pattern, if you don’t wrap your body wave hair before bed, the friction will damage the hair and the pattern!
- Apart from these home remedies, it’s important to see your stylist, especially if you wear sew-ins for regular touch-ups.
These are our secrets to maintaining body wave curls and other patterns. There are many ways to maintain your body wave closure bob wigs and weaves, and these are the musts!
Looking for durable body wave wigs and weaves? Head to True Glory Hair and check out their collection of virgin Brazilian body wave lace wigs and bundles. Shop today!
A body wave lace front wig is a full lace wig that is made from 100% human hair. This hair is cut in such a way that it will always have a natural body wave. This is very popular among African-Americans because it can be curled using a hairdryer and flat iron to create more of a kinky curl. Body-wave lace front wigs last longer because the hair is not being exposed to the elements of everyday wear and tear. They are soft and lightweight, which makes them an appealing choice for women who would like to wear them regularly.