Most study abroad graduates will tell you that studying abroad was an amazing experience. Moreover, they will tell you about some difficulties like degree requirements and scheduling conflicts, but the most common barrier for abroad studies is the total cost. While the overall cost of studying abroad has become a valid concern, there’s often a lot of confusion on the question “How Much Does It Cost to Study Abroad?”. While planning for foreign studies, you must keep in mind about varying fees of different courses and the amounts of facilities offered by your home university, and the on-ground cost of living in a foreign country. So, the Best Abroad Education Consultant in Gurgaon will help you with the decision-making and admission process.
The average cost of Study Abroad programs:
In the present scenario, there is no common range of the average cost of studying abroad. In a recent survey by the International Institute of Education, the average cost of studying abroad in a foreign country revolves around $36,000 per full academic year. Moreover, studying abroad in an inexpensive country will cost you less, while studying in a private institution in Europe will end up costing you around thousands of dollars. Therefore, it has become essential to research and know about the factors surrounding your journey and generate your budget estimate.
Top destinations for Abroad Studies:
You must know about the best countries where you can study and live a comfortable life on an affordable budget.
The United States of America
The United States of America has become the dream destination for citizens and students worldwide. Since colleges and universities in the USA have made their way to the list of the best institutions in the world. Here is the cost of studying in the USA for Indian students:
- Cost of living- It will cost you around 800 to 1000 USD which is approximately Rs 58,000 to 73,000. Moreover, you will require to have a minimum of Rs 7 lakhs to meet the living expenses every year.
- Cost of UG and PG courses- To complete the Undergraduate course, you need to pay around Rs 15 lakhs per annum. In addition for Postgraduate courses, you will pay Rs 25 lakhs for 2 years.
The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom has many world-class higher education institutions and universities. Their VISA rules and various financial and scholarship benefits make it the most popular destination to pursue higher education abroad. Moreover, degrees and certifications received from UK universities have worldwide recognition.
- Cost of Living- It all depends upon the location you choose to live in and the type of accommodation you want. Therefore, you will need approximately Rs 9 lakhs which is around GBP 9207 for studying in locations outside London. In addition, you will have to pay around GBP 12006 or Rs 12 Lakhs for studying in London.
- Cost of UG and PG courses- The Undergraduate courses will cost between Rs 12 lakhs to Rs 25 lakhs on average. Further, for Postgraduate courses, it will cost around Rs 12 Lakhs to Rs 30 Lakhs.
What the Cost to Study Abroad Include:
It’s not just about the overall cost to study abroad, but also about what’s included in the overall program cost. Here is a list of what the cost of a study abroad program includes:
- Tuition- The primary expense for most study abroad program include tuition. Moreover, it will depend upon the type of program and whether it’s through your university or the program provider.
- Housing- After tuition, rent, and daily cost of living, food, and accommodation can amount to you more than expected. In addition, daily entertainment and transportation will also cost you more. Thus, you can stay in homestays or dormitories to minimize the cost. Otherwise, it will become very expensive to live in a foreign city.
There is a lot to figure out before abroad studies and every penny spent is worth it. Thus, no matter how much it costs, the overall experience will benefit your personality and improve your career. In addition, it will also open new doors of job opportunities from all around the world. So, you must hire the best Overseas Education Consultants in Gurgaon to guide you throughout the journey. Therefore, studying abroad will become the best investment you would have made due to its immense benefits.