Coming across company file errors in QuickBooks can be worst. As you update all your crucial data in it, some errors can stop you from running the data file. One such instance is the QuickBooks error 6210 that pops up along with a trigger warning message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file”. After reading the message, it must be clear that the issue arises when attempting to open the data file. In this article, we are going to the prime causes and different ways of resolving the error permanently. Have a look at it.
If you have any queries related to the QuickBooks company file error 6210, speak to one of our certified experts without any hesitation by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Why Do You Come Across the Company File Error Message 6210 in QuickBooks?
There can be plenty of reasons that can affect the issue. To know the causes, refer to the following enlisted reasons-
- The location where you have stored your company file can be one of the problems because of which you are receiving the error.
- Another possibility is that there is some issue with the multi-user network due to which you are unable to access the data file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15241
Simple Processes to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6210
Are you unable to find a suitable method that would troubleshoot the error? Do not worry! We are here to help you with it. Perform the debugging methods we have provided below-
SOLUTION 1: Attempt to Access Your Data File Locally
- On your Windows desktop, double-click on ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’.
- Click twice on the C: Drive and navigate to the company file folder.
- In the company file folder, locate the file that has the .QBW extension.
- Now, to copy the file, right-click on it.
- Paste the file on your desktop and then open the No Company Open screen.
- In the following window, click on ‘Open or restore an existing company’.
- In the end, try to open the file that you saved on your desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager After Installing and Downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Start the procedure by downloading the recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ downloaded file and then run it.
- In order to complete the entire installation process, you are required to follow the prompted instructions displayed on the screen and accept the terms and conditions.
- After installing the application, run it and click on the ‘Network Issues’ tab.
- In the tab, hit ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- After you locate your company file, tap on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
- At last, launch your QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
We understand the challenges you go through while dealing with unexpected glitches in the company file, like the one discussed in this blog, QuickBooks error 6210. We hope you must have acquired sufficient info after reading the article. However, if you still require any additional detail about the company file error, get in touch with our technical support team via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 17337