The alert warning message, “An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and try again,” comes across when a user encounters QuickBooks error 6010. The issue is mainly related to the installation error and prevents the user from installing the QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to know why such an issue arises and how to fix it, then refer to this blog. Make sure you read this article till the end for a comprehensive understanding.
Can you not resolve the QuickBooks installation error 6010? Consult one of our experienced professionals through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 for proper guidance.
Why Do You Encounter the Installation Error Code 6010 in QuickBooks?
There are multiple reasons because of which the issue can arise on your screen. In this section of the blog, we have focused on the most common causes. Have a look at them-
- There is a possibility that one of the most crucial QB files, the Network Data file, might have been corrupted or severely damaged.
- One of the other reasons could be that the anti-virus installed on your computer system is restricting the installation of the software.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Email Server Settings
Top Two Most Effective Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6010
Are you finding it challenging to get rid of the installation error? Then you must go through the troubleshooting methods explained below. Make sure you perform each step precisely-
SOLUTION 1: Remove Your QuickBooks Desktop and Reinstall It
- Go to the ‘Start’ section of Windows desktop and open ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- From the list that appeared, search and tap on the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on ‘Uninstall/ Change’, ‘Remove’, and ‘Next’.
- After it gets removed successfully, reinstall it.
- Download your version of QuickBooks and save the file to an appropriate location.
- Open and run the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file to proceed towards the installation process.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompted instructions to finish the procedure.
- Tap ‘Next’ and provide all the requisite detail.
- Click ‘Next’ to select the ‘Install Type’ you require- ‘Express’ or ‘Custom and Network’.
- Again, choose the ‘Next’ option and hit ‘Install’.
- At last, run your QuickBooks Desktop and activate it.
SOLUTION 2: Change the Name of the Damaged Network Data File to Fix It
- On your desktop, navigate to the company file folder.
- In the following window, search for the file having the same name as your company file and the .ND extension.
- To change its name, right-click on the file and hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and press ‘Enter’ to save the changes.
- In the end, re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
After going through this blog, we hope you must have successfully fixed the QuickBooks error 6010. If the given debugging processes do not work, we recommend you immediately have a one-to-one consultation with our technical assistance team at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15101
Related searches : Error 6010 While Installing QuickBooks Desktop, Fix quickbooks error code 6010 100, I am Getting Error 6010 While Installing QB, QUickBooks Desktop Error 6010