A lot of users encounter QuickBooks error PS033 while downloading the latest payroll update. Also, the error might trigger when opening a company file on QuickBooks. They usually encounter the error with a message, “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033].” The error mainly occurs due to some damaged files in the CPS folder. The folder processes important files required to update payroll. This blog will brief you on QuickBooks payroll error PS033, its causes, and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
If you’re looking for some human help to get rid of QuickBooks error PS033, call us on our customer support number +1-800-579-9430 and contact the QuickBooks technical support team
Main causes of QuickBooks payroll error PS033
The payroll error in QuickBooks can occur due to multiple reasons. Have a look at some of them mentioned below:
- The files in the CPS folder are damaged or corrupted.
- UAC settings are misconfigured.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to its latest release.
Go through the next section for troubleshooting solutions to fix the error.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Desktop error PS033
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks payroll tax table to the latest version
- Open QuickBooks and select the Employees menu.
- Choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Download entire payroll update.
- Click Update.
If the error recurs, try the next solution.
Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide to Resolve : QuickBooks error qbwc1085
Solution 2. Give a new name to the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Press the Windows and R keys together on your computer to open the Run dialog box.
- Within the run command, paste the location C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS and hit Enter
- Right-click the CPS folder and choose the Rename option.
- Name the folder as CP SOLD.
- Download the payroll tax table.
If you still get the same error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Turn out User Account Control (UAC)
- Again, open the Run command by tapping the Windows and R keys together.
- Write Control Panel and click OK.
- Click User Accounts and then User Accounts (Classic View).
- Choose Change user account control settings.
- To turn off the UAC, move the slider to Never Notify and select OK.
- Reboot your computer.
If the error continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4. Get the latest QuickBooks update by Intuit
- Close all open company files, then exit QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu, locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as administrator.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, select the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- Next, select the Update Now tab and tick the Reset Update checkbox.
- To begin the update process, click Get Updates.
- Once it completes, open QuickBooks again.
- Install the update, then reboot your computer.
We have done our best to help you overcome QuickBooks error PS033. Hopefully, you find the blog informative and resourceful. If you still have any queries, connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error 392