I’ve included the probable causes and circumstances for why your AOL mail account isn’t working below —
- The user is using the incorrect Login Credentials, most notably the login password, to access his email account.
- The user has exceeded the AOL Email account’s maximum storage restriction of 25 GB / Per User / Per Account.
- For the time being, the server for your AOL Email Account may be offline or crashing.
- A firewall created by an anti-virus program installed on your computer may be preventing you from accessing your AOL email account.
- Using an out-of-date web browser to access AOL Email can also cause problems.
- The cache and cookies in the web browser are full.
- Browser add-ons and plug-ins are no longer supported.
- Slow Internet Connection.
- Using AOL Email Software / Application that hasn’t been updated.
- Both the incoming and outgoing mail servers for AOL Email are incorrect.
Please make the following system upgrades to get your AOL Email Account working again.
- Depletion of Storage Limit – Delete any unwanted or trash mails from your AOL Email Account because the exhaustion of the AOL Email Account’s Maximum Storage Limit could be the cause of your AOL Email not logging in.
- Server Down or Crashed – For the time being, AOL Email’s site may be down or crashed, causing AOL Email to malfunction. Pay a visit to the website to see if any such notification has been supplied by the company.
- Internet Speed – Check to see if your system has sufficient internet speed. Slow internet speeds might cause AOL Email to perform slowly or not at all.
- Change Password / Login Credentials – Change your AOL Email account’s password and other login credentials to try to re-login.
- AOL Email Application Update / Re-Install – On your PC, Desktop, Laptop, or Mobile Phone, update or re-install the AOL Email Application / Software. Only use the software from the official AOL Email site to update it.
- Clear Cache and Cookies — Clear the cache and cookies in your browser. If your web browser has any unneeded add-ons or plug-ins, remove them.
- Firewall – Turn off your anti-virus software for the time being. There’s a good probability that the anti-virus software you’ve installed is acting as a firewall, preventing your AOL webmail account from working properly.
- Reboot Your Device – Reboot your device is the easiest step that one can take in solving his/her login problem. After Reboot, re-login to your AOL Email Account
- Incorrect AOL Email Settings – Do check that whether the AOL Email Settings for both Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server are correct or not. If they are incorrect, then correct them as per the below-mentioned inputs
What should you do if your AOL Email account has stopped operating and you’re having difficulties logging in?
Because AOL is a technological man-made software/application, it can occasionally misbehave and require small fixes. The not working issue is simply an indication that the AOL Email server settings need to be checked, as the settings are always subject to change as time passes. If you’re having issues logging into your AOL email, this article can help you troubleshoot the problem.
But first, let’s go over the features and advantages of using the AOL Email Service.