What is Yoga Walking? Yoga walking is included with a walk, includes breathing, meditation and walking. It’s works to improve physical and mental health, it also reduces weight. Yoga has the qualities of both walking and doing yoga, for those who do not want to exercise or do not want to go to the gym, but take out time to walk daily, yoga walking is more beneficial than walking. You can do this anywhere and anytime, that is, there is no need to go to the doctor to stay healthy, just adopt yoga walking and become healthy. You can also avoid many diseases through yoga walking. In this article, we will discuss What is Yoga Walking? Its methods and benefits.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join Yoga Teacher Training India.
What is Yoga Walking?
Yoga walking means yoga + walking means to include yoga while walking. Yoga walking works to fit your whole body. You all know the benefits of walking daily, if yoga is mixed with it, then your body’s ability to work, immunity will increase. You will be able to focus more, there will be balance in the body. Yoga walking is a very old technique which has many benefits related to physical and mental health. Yoga walking includes breathing, meditation, and walking. By doing this your mood is also good and the mind becomes calm.
How do you do yoga walking?
- Start walking, after walking for at least 15 minutes, including stretching with the walk.
- Do stretching of hands while walking.
- Walk by moving the shoulder or rotating it in a circular motion.
- Move your spine up, down, right, left to stretch the spine.
- Focus on your feet, if possible, walk on the grass in the garden without wearing slippers or shoes.
- You give a number between 1 to 20 to the parts of your body from feet to head i.e. from bottom to top.
- While walking, while focusing on those points, think as if the pain of those parts is going away.
- Enjoy whatever natural scenery comes your way. With this you will connect with nature and you will be able to think better about yourself.
- Thinking positively while walking is an important step during yoga walking.
- Walk comfortably, while walking you have to keep your mind calm and think good thoughts about the whole day.
- Mental health benefits from doing yoga walking
1. Yoga walking reduces stress:
Through yoga walking your mood is good and anxiety goes away. Your stress is reduced through yoga walking. If you want to get out of depression, then you must adopt yoga walking. Yoga walking is beneficial in removing the problem of depression, anxiety.
2. You can be happy through yoga walking:
If you want a positive environment around you, then definitely adopt yoga walking. By doing yoga walking, your mood will be good, you will be able to think positive, which will strengthen your decision making power and you will be able to take important decisions related to your life in a better way. Yoga walking is beneficial in improving mental health.
3. Focus increases through yoga walking:
If you want to increase the ability or focus of your brain, then definitely adopt yoga walking. Your focus increases through yoga walking. You are able to use your mind fully and your creativity power also increases. Those who get happiness by connecting with nature, they must do yoga walking.
4. Yoga walking brings good sleep:
If you are looking for a remedy for insomnia, then try yoga walking. By doing this you will get good sleep. Yoga walking is a good option for those who are not able to devote a lot of time to exercise. If you do not sleep, then you should include yoga walking in your daily routine.
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
5. By doing yoga walking, fatigue is removed:
If you feel tired all the time and feel heaviness in the body, then you should adopt yoga walking. Through yoga walking, the fatigue of the body is removed and you are able to feel the energy in the body. The problem of heaviness in the body is also removed through yoga walking.
6. Yoga walking relieves back pain:
If you have pain in your muscles or are troubled by back pain or joint pain, then the easy solution is to do yoga walking. Through this you can get rid of muscle pain. If you do light stretching daily while walking, then the body will become flexible and there will be no problem like pain or swelling in the body.
7. By doing yoga walking, you can reduce weight:
Yoga walking is also included in the easy way to lose weight. If you give 40 to 50 minutes of yoga walking instead of 30 minutes of walking daily, then you will see calories reducing without doing heavy exercise.
8. By doing yoga walking, diseases are removed:
By doing yoga walking, there is relief in many diseases such as blood pressure is controlled, thyroid is controlled, if your blood sugar level remains high then start yoga walking. Yoga walking is also beneficial to avoid heart disease. According to a study, doing yoga walking reduces the risk of heart disease by 50 percent.
For yoga walking, you can decide according to your time, place, clothes and interval, in the beginning 20 to 30 minutes of yoga walking is also enough.