What is Scientific Notation
Mathematicians and experts have to deal with very big or very small numbers. For this reason, they have a tough time multiplying or dividing extensive numbers numerous times in computations.
They have devised a clever solution to this problem, they employ scientific notation to describe very small and very big numbers. The scientific notation system is an invaluable calculation method for working with huge or tiny quantities.
A number that is represented as another value between one and 10, but not having 10, instead multiplied by 10 or a power of ten is called as written in scientific notation. The scientific notation consists of two parts i.e. coefficient and exponent.
A coefficient is the part that is present before x sign, while the exponent is the power of a 10 by which the coefficient is multiplied. Moreover, if there is a negative power in scientific notation, it indicates that the number is less than one, while a positive power of 10 implies that the value is more than ten.
Rules for Writing Numbers in Scientific Notation
- We have to multiply the coefficients and add the exponents when two numbers are being multiplied.
- On the other hand, I have to divide the coefficients and subtract the exponents when I have to divide two integers.
- If the decimal position is moved to the left in the coefficient (1 place) the coefficient has to be divided by 10, while one should be added to the exponent.
- In the similar manner, within the coefficient, when the decimal point is moved one position in the right, the coefficient in this case is multiplied by 10 while subtracting one from the exponent.
- Set the decimal place in the coefficient always to be more than one, but less than ten. It doesn’t change mathematically, but that’s the normal practice, and it makes reading a number simpler.
- The exponents of two numbers must be made equal when adding these two numbers. For this, take the lower exponent number and shift the decimal point to the left until its exponent matches with the bigger one. Add the coefficients and retain the matched exponent.
- Just the same way the exponents again have to be made equal when two numbers are being subtracted. Pick the lower exponent number and shift the decimal point to the left until the bigger exponent matches. Then minus the coefficients while keeping the matched exponent.
If you are confused and want to find the scientific notation quickly and easily see the scientific notation calculator.
The sphere is the solid body which has the most volume for a given surface area. There are no edges or corners in a sphere and forms a 3 dimensional shape. The distance to the very center of the ball will be equal to each one of the points.
Mathematically, a sphere is defined as the set of points all of which are r from a given point at equal distance, but in three-dimensional space. This distance r is the spherical radius and the center of the sphere is any given point.
What is Volume of a Sphere
The volume of the sphere serves as a representation of the amount of material that can be stored inside. As a result, the volume of a three-dimensional object i.e. sphere is also defined as its carrying capacity. Because of this, the volume of a sphere is simply just the space that it takes up in space.
For developing and determining capacity or volume of a certain spherical shape, the volume of the sphere formula is highly significant. If we know the radius of a sphere, the volume of a sphere can easily be calculated using the formula.
V= 4/3 π r3
How to Calculate the Volume of Sphere
Using volume of the sphere formula as denoted above, the step by step method to calculate the volume of the sphere is mentioned below.
- Determine the Values
Considering the volume of the sphere, first of all determine all the required values. For instance, the only value required is the radius of the sphere. As we already knew the value of π as 3.14.
- Put Values in Formula
After calculating the radius of the given sphere, put the value of the pie as well as divide 4 by and write that value in the formula.
After that, calculate the values by taking the cube of the radius. Multiplying it with the value of pie and then multiplying that product by 1.33 (4/3). Computing all these values provides the solution to the volume of the sphere. There’s also a way to calculate the volume of a sphere within seconds and easily. See this Volume of a sphere calculator to experience modern technology