At times, company file errors in QuickBooks can be quite annoying. Such issues do not let you function your data file, which ultimately hampers your daily work. For instance, the QuickBooks error 6190 interrupts when a user already uses the company file in single-user mode and other users in the same network cannot access it. To troubleshoot the error permanently, we have explained the most effective working solutions in this detailed article. Apart from this, the blog also explains the most common reasons due to which you encounter the problem. Read it till the end for a better understanding.
Our QuickBooks assistance team is available 24*7. So, if you need any guidance regarding the QuickBooks company file error 6190, then feel free to reach out to one of the certified professionals through our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What are the Top Reasons Behind the Company File Error Code 6190 in QuickBooks?
If you are looking for factors that affect the issue and does not let you access the company file, then refer to the following points-
- One of the most obvious reasons could be that the network data file and the transaction log file have been severely damaged.
- The location of your QuickBooks file can also cause trouble.
To fix the problem permanently, go through the following section of the blog.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6189
Top Two Effective Ways to Remove the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6190
Are you finding it difficult to find the best and quick troubleshooting process to get rid of the company file error? Check out the solutions we have explained briefly-
SOLUTION 1: Edit the .TLG and .ND File Names to Fix Them
- On your Windows desktop, navigate to the folder where you have stored your company file.
- Now, locate the files that contain .TLG and .ND extensions.
- After that, edit the file names by right-clicking on each file.
- Tap on the ‘Rename’ option and add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name.
- Hit ‘Enter’ to save the new changes.
- Now, close the folder and launch your QuickBooks Desktop to access the company file.
SOLUTION 2: Place the QuickBooks Desktop File on the Windows Desktop
- Go to the company file folder and search for the file containing . the QBW extension.
- To copy the file, right-click on it and choose the ‘Copy’ option.
- Next, on your desktop, right-click on a blank area and tap on the ‘Paste’ option.
- After that, go to the No Company Open screen. To open it, keep pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and click twice on the QB icon.
- In the following window, click on ‘Open or Restore An Existing Company’.
- In the end, go back to your desktop and run the data file you saved.
We understand the kind of troubles you face when triggered with QuickBooks error 6190. As a result, we have tried our best to provide you with the most appropriate processes to debug the issue. However, if the error still keeps on appearing, immediately have a conversation with one of our experts via 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6010