This guide will show you how to install Cinema HD APK (formerly known as HDMovies), on FireStick. This method is compatible with all Amazon Fire TV devices including FireStick 4K and FireStick Lite.
What is Cinema HD?
Cinema HD APK allows you to view on-demand content on FireStick or other Android devices. Everyone was looking for an alternative to Terrarium TV for movies and TV shows after the shutdown of Terrarium TV. There were many apps that I tried, but none of them appealed to my tastes but Cinema HD is the one. This app has been added to the top Terrarium TV alternatives, So I created this detailed FireStick installation guide.
Cinema HD APK used to be called HDMovies. It has now been rebranded. Cinema HD has a large library of TV shows and movies. It has a lot of streaming options, so you will never run out of stuff. This is the perfect app for binging on your favorite movies and episodes. It has a minimalist, functional yet simple interface. You can search for videos and start watching them. Let’s learn how to install Cinema HD APK onto FireStick.
How to Install Cinema HD APK On FireStick
Now, we will go over the steps to sideload Cinema HD APK onto FireStick. Sideloading an app means that the app isn’t available in the Amazon Store.
First, you need to install the Downloader App on your device. The Downloader app is required to sideload applications on Fire Stick. The APK cannot be downloaded directly from a browser.
Next, to install apps using Downloader, we will need to make a small adjustment in Firestick’s security settings.
Here’s the deal:
- Click Find in the middle of the FireStick home screen.
Note: If you still use the older version of FireStick then select the lens icon at the top-left corner.
- Click Search.
- Look for the Downloader app. Click on Download or Get to download it.
- Next, click Settings. (The gear icon is at the bottom of the screen).
Note: To continue using FireStick’s old version, click the Settings button at the top-right.
- Click My Fire TV.
- Next, select Developer options.
- Click Unknown apps.
Note: If FireStick is older than the current version, go to Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn it ON. Skip Step 8.
- Turn OFF the option to Downloader.
- Open the Downloader application. It will launch with the Home tab selected as default. Navigate to the URL Field and click it.
10. This window allows you to use the on-screen keyboard to enter the APK source URL. Download the URL from the official website of the Cinema HD app and enter it in the URL box in the downloader app to download the APK file for Cinema HD and click GO.
- Next, you will see the Downloader connecting with the server. It will then download the Cinema HD APK file to your FireStick device. Let it complete the download.
- The installation will begin on its own. The following screen will display. Use your remote’s navigation keys for the NEXT button to the bottom right. (ignore this section if you don’t see NEXT). INSTALL will replace the NEXT button. Click the INSTALL button.
- The FireStick will start to install Cinema HD from the APK file that you have just downloaded. It will take a few minutes for the process to complete.
You may also like: Best Cinema HD alternative in 2022
14 Once your FireStick has successfully installed the app, you can click OPEN to launch Cinema HD. I recommend clicking DONE.
Also read: Video Paywall
- After clicking DONE, the Downloader app will open. Here you will see the prompt. Click to highlight and delete with your remote. The apk file is no longer needed, delete it. You can save some space on your FireStick storage by deleting the file.
- Click Delete again to delete the Cinema HD APK.
You have successfully installed Cinema HD APK onto FireStick. Now you can open the app and begin using it.