Numerous error triggers due to damage or corruption in the company file. This blog focuses on QuickBooks error 6143 that arises when a user tries to access the company file. Also, the error encounters while restoring a backup company file. The error mainly occurs because of some damaged company file components and the QuickBooks Desktop application. Continue reading the blog below to learn more about QuickBooks company file error 6143.
If you’re too troubled with QuickBooks error 6143, call us on our customer support number +1-800-579-9430 and get troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Main Causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 6143
It is essential to know what triggers the error before proceeding to the troubleshooting techniques. Down below is the list of factors responsible for the error. Have a look:
- Attack from virus or malware on the QuickBooks company file.
- Damage or corruption in Windows registry files.
- Some QuickBooks program files have been deleted.
For troubleshooting techniques, move to the next section of the blog.
Quick Ways to Resolve QuickBooks company file error 6143
Solution 1. Repair company file and network issues by running QuickBooks File Doctor
- Close company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the QuickBooks setup file to Downloads so you can easily access it.
- Go to Downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start the installation process by following the prompt steps.
- To proceed, you need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation completes, move to desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- From there, choose Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Within the File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If the QuickBooks company file is not visible, click Browse and search to find it.
- Next, tick the Check your file option, then click Continue.
- Provide admin credentials to log in to QuickBooks and select Next.
- The tool will start scanning the company file. Wait till it resolves the issue.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the issue continues, proceed to the next solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error ps060
Solution 2. Resolve company file error using Auto Data Recovery
- Create a new folder with the name QBTest, then move to the folder where company files are saved.
- From the company file folder, find the .tlg file. If you can’t find the file, follow these steps to display file extensions:
- Open File Explorer and select Organize.
- Click Folder and search options.
- Choose the Hide extensions for the known file types option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Copy the company file with the .tlg extension and paste it to the QBTest folder.
- Open the QuickBooks AutoData Recovery folder.
- Now, copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it to the QBTest folder.
6.Right-click the .QBW.adr file, choose Rename and remove .adr from the file name.
- Run QuickBooks and open the company file stored on the QBTest folder.
- Verify all the transactions.
- Choose File menu and then Utilities.
- Check the data integrity of the recovered file by selecting Verify Data.
- If the new company file is good, transfer it to the original location and move the damaged company file to a different location.
The solutions mentioned in the blog will help you resolve QuickBooks error 6143. If the error continues, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error 15240