Sometimes you might notice that your QuickBooks desktop is not performing as it did earlier, and all other programs are working as usual. This could happen because of a number of reasons that we will discuss later in this article. If your QuickBooks running slow, it can affect overall business activities as most of the tasks that a business performs on a daily basis are done by QuickBooks. So if you are also dealing with a similar situation where your QuickBooks is not performing well, this article is for you. In this article, you will not only find the reasons why your QuickBooks starts underperforming but also the solutions that can help you get your QuickBooks running as smoothly as possible.
If you have been dealing with QuickBooks performance issues for a long time, we suggest you get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop technical support team at +1-800-579-9430 for the best advice on resolving the issue
A-List of Reasons why QuickBooks Start Running Slow
- The first and most apparent reason your QuickBooks is underperforming is not installing the updates.
- If your computer system does not have the hardware and software configuration required by QuickBooks to run smoothly.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop program files are damaged by another program or an infection present on your system.
- Corruption in the QBWUSER.ini file can also be a reason why your QuickBooks suddenly starts acting up.
Moving forward to the next section of this article, we will show you how to eliminate all the causes mentioned above to fix your “QuickBooks running slow” issue.
Solutions to Rectify Issues with QuickBooks Desktop Performance
Solution 1: Prompt QuickBooks to Install the Most Recent Updates
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and make sure you run it as an administrator.
- Go to the Help tab and select Update QuickBooks Desktop to proceed further with the update process.
- Go to the Update Now tab, and when you see the Get Updates option, click it.
- This action will prompt QuickBooks to download the available updates.
- Restart QuickBooks once the update download process completes, and click Install Now to install the downloaded updates.
If updating does not resolve the issue, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks update error
Solution 2: Repair the Installation of QuickBooks Desktop that some Malicious Program of Infection has damaged
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is a tool that gives you access to the QuickBooks program repair tool.
- Run Tool Hub and go to the installation Issues tab and when you see the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, click it.
- Let the Install Diagnostic Tool run and repair the QuickBooks Desktop installation and retry to run QuickBooks to see if this resolves the error.
If you continue to face issues with your QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to rename the QBWUSER.ini file that you will find in the QuickBooks installation directory. Further, you must also ensure that your system has the minimum hardware and software configuration required by QuickBooks to run smoothly. If you want an expert to help you troubleshoot the “QuickBooks running slow” issue, dial +1-800-579-9430 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now.
Related Article : quickbooks error ps077