QuickBooks accounting software increases business productivity by automating a variety of complex activities such as expense tracking, invoice generating, and tax preparation. This sophisticated program, like many other man-made tools, has technological flaws that can reduce the user’s productivity. In order to benefit QuickBooks users, Intuit created a new tool called QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD). This fantastic tool aids the user in avoiding QuickBooks company file problems before they become irreversible. The File Doctor Tool not only prevents data damage, but it also fixes various QuickBooks network issues. It’s a helpful tool that can assist you in resolving issues while dealing with QB.
This post will show you how to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to its full potential and discover all of its functions.
Rectify your QuickBooks files with File Doctor. Issues with QuickBooks Company Files
The user no longer has to be concerned about damaged or corrupted company files or networks thanks to the QB file doctor tool. QuickBooks File Doctor was created with the goal of detecting and correcting faults that prevent the QB accounting software from running smoothly. QBFD is a simple file repair program that can fix a variety of file and data corruption difficulties, as well as network diagnostics, Windows problems, and other issues.
This file doctor tool can be used to fix a variety of problems that might occur while opening a business file, including entirely damaged company files, network issues (such as Error H101, H202, H303, H505, and so on), and error code -6000. (For example, QB Error -6000, -82, QB Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147). This product was released by Intuit in 2012. Intuit also offers two more tools, the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and the QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool, to aid with a variety of issues. The file doctor software combines these two programs into one.
This tool is included in 2014 R5 and later versions; however, it only supports users with data-related issues; it does not assist users with accessing company files or resolving any errors.
Issues that QuickBooks File Doctor can help you with
- Inability to open the company file
- QB Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -305
- QB Error 6000 -82
- QB Error 6130 or 6150
- QuickBooks error code 6147
- QB Error code 6000 -301
- Customer, vendor, or employee lists that are missing or blank
- Shattered or Corrupt company file
The Advantages of QuickBooks File Doctor
- The QB File Doctor application could be extremely helpful in resolving network issues.
- The file doctor program may help victims of QuickBooks errors such as the -6000 series.
- Another benefit of this program is that it allows users to fix issues like H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- The file doctor tool could be quite useful if the user has lost any important data.
- QBFD can assist a user who is attempting to access a company file in one system that is saved in another system.
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool may be a lifeline when data is about to be corrupted.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
These are some of the most important aspects of the File Doctor feature to comprehend.
- You must uninstall the current QBFD before installing the new one.
- It is recommended that you use an external file doctor tool because all QB versions after 2015 feature an in-built File Doctor.
- All QuickBooks desktops that operate on Windows are compatible with QBFD.
- QBFD is not supported by QuickBooks for Mac.
- There are two versions of the File Doctor program:
- File doctor that is integrated (available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions).
- QuickBooks File Doctor standalone is a version of QuickBooks File Doctor that runs on its own (can be downloaded from the internet).
What is the efficiency of the QuickBooks file doctor tool?
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later, the QuickBooks file doctor tool is now a built-in capability. All QuickBooks desktop for Windows versions are compatible with the File Doctor tool.
- It’s worth noting that the QBFD tool isn’t compatible with any version of QuickBooks for Mac.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tools
When it comes to QuickBooks file doctor tools, they can be categorized into two groups:
- A built-in file doctor is included in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later.
- The stand-alone version of QuickBooks file doctor is the second option. It’s accessed from a server that’s only running the QuickBooks database server management component.
Prerequisites for the system
- Network troubleshooting and maintenance
- It is not necessary to use the admin login in Windows QB file repair for system installation.
- QuickBooks hosting must be turned on for multi-user repair and troubleshooting.
QuickBooks File Doctor: How to Use the Stand-Alone Version
- The user must have the most recent version of File Doctor installed in order to do this, or simply delete the previous version and install the new one.
- QB File Doctor is available for download from Intuit’s official website, or you may simply run it (if you have that already installed).
- To complete the installation process, simply double-click QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and follow the on-screen instructions. If the program is installed but not visible on the screen, open it from the Windows Taskbar or by double-clicking the icon.
- Now, either use the drop-down list to find your company file or use the Browse button to manually find it on your hard drive.
- Two options will be presented to you in the File Doctor Tool Window. Choose the option that is best suited to your needs. Both of these alternatives are self-explanatory.
- Use the first method if you receive a -6000 series error or suspect your company file is damaged.
- If you’re having network problems, use the second option (Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, or Error H505).
- After that, the user must input the Company File Admin Password and then click Next.
- To continue diagnosing and repairing the mistake, choose one of the two alternatives.
- Choose Workstation if you’re diagnosing and troubleshooting a client’s PC. This means the QuickBooks company file isn’t saved or hosted on that particular machine.
- If you’re diagnosing and troubleshooting difficulties on a QuickBooks client computer and the QB business file isn’t saved or hosted on that machine, select the second option, Server.
- If you’re using QuickBooks Server / Host, select Yes, and if you’re using QuickBooks Workstation, select No.
- After that, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will begin to repair the firm files. This may take a few minutes, therefore the user must be patient.
- Allow QBFD to finish finding and repairing any potential issues before proceeding. The amount of time it takes to complete the procedure depends on the size of the QuickBooks Business File, the speed of the Local Area Network, and the severity of the problems with the company file. In the meanwhile, you must not meddle with the procedure.
- You will receive a success message once the mending procedure is completed. Finally, close the QBFD program.
- Open your company file regardless of the outcome of the repair process.
In a Nutshell: QuickBooks File Doctor’s Built-in Version
- QuickBooks versions from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom are all compatible with this edition.
- It’s most commonly used for file and data recovery. Because QBFD is used for network and diagnostic repair, QuickBooks does not need to be installed on the machine. QuickBooks must be installed on the desktop and the internal file doctor must be used instead.
- It runs on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2003-2012.
- QBFD will use the QuickBooks diagnostic tool to install the.NET framework 2.0 if it is not already installed on the desktop.
What is the best way to use it?
- The built-in or internal QB File Doctor recognizes the error right away and starts troubleshooting. When the QBFD window displays, click the Start button to begin the process of resolving the issue. The remaining selections will be the same as those listed in the File Doctor instructions.
- Do not open the QuickBooks desktop and the business file at the same time.
- To go to the File Menu, go to the File Menu.
- Select Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Repair File and Network Problems to start QB File Doctor.
- Now, go to Browse and choose the company file that needs to be diagnosed and repaired, then click Open.
- From the Show Advanced Settings drop-down box, choose the type of fix you want for your file, then click Next.
- Enter the Admin ID and password for the business file when requested, then click Next.
- Open the QuickBooks business file after the diagnosis and repair operation is completed.
As a result, various scenarios have arisen.
There was no issue discovered by QBFD.
When the QBFD is unable to detect the problem, the first scenario occurs. In this case, the user must re-enter the business file and, if the problem persists, use the Auto data recovery setup to enter the transactions since the last backup.
QBFD was successful in identifying and resolving an issue.
It’s wonderful news if the tool was successful in detecting and resolving the problem. When the procedure is finish, the user merely needs to select the option to “Open new company.”
QBFD found the problem but was unable to fix it.
In this case, the QuickBooks program will suggest using Auto Data Recovery Setup and manually entering or uploading the transactions from the previous backup.
QuickBooks File Doctor’s Drawbacks
The QuickBooks file doctor tool has some limitations, which we’ve listed below:
- The user must have an internet connection and connect to the work process in order to upload files and make manual corrections.
- The company file, on the other hand, should not exceed 2GB.
- The user must go to the admin panel and QuickBooks must in hosting mode to perform network diagnostics.
- Only the versions in the United States and the United Kingdom have access to the file doctor tool.
- The file doctor program will resume with expanded admin rights after you enable Windows user account management.
- When a user is unable to access a company file, the QuickBooks file doctor tool should be utilize.
This brings us to the end of the article. We assume the reader is familiar with the QuickBooks file doctor tool and its myriad features at this time. As a token of gratitude, leave a comment.