In August 2022, the Consortium released the official notification of CLAT 2023. The CLAT registration process for CLAT 2023 has begun. Candidates who wish to sit for the CLAT exam must register through the CLAT 2023 official portal. You can appear for the exam only if you have filled out the CLAT application form.
Here is a detailed guide to how to register for CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023: Timeline
The exam date of CLAT 2023 is 18 December 2022. The exam date was released by the Consortium long back. Recently, the Consortium announced the other important events and their dates through the official notification.
|CLAT 2023 registration
|8 August 2022
|Release of first set of sample questions
|Release of second set of sample questions
|Last date to apply for CLAT 2023
|13 November 2022
|Last date for fee submission
|18 December 2022
|Provisional Answer key
|19 December 2022
|Fourth week of December
|Counselling process begins
CLAT 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for CLAT 2023, you must be sure of the eligibility criteria of CLAT 2023. Admission will be granted if you fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
The CLAT eligibility criteria include Minimum educational qualifications, minimum qualifying marks and age limit. These three aspects are considered while laying out the CLAT eligibility criteria for UG and PG programmes.
|CLAT Post Graduate
|12 Standard or an equivalent examination/degree from a recognized board.
|An LL.B Degree or an equivalent degree/ examination from a recognized university.
CLAT 2023: Registration Process
You must register on the portal to fill out the CLAT application form. The CLAT 2023 portal is available on the Consortium’s official website. To register:
- Visit the Consortium’s official website.
- On the top right side of the website, you will see the CLAT 2023 portal. Click on it.
- Since you are not registered to the portal, click on the register button on the screen.
- Fill in all the details asked for in the pop-up.
- Enter your name, mobile no., Email Id and password.
- Click on register.
- Now you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to activate your account.
Now you are successfully registered for CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023: Application process
Once registered for the exam, you must fill out the application form. The application form requires you to fill in various details.
- Once your account has been activated, using the login credentials, i.e. ID and password, log in to the CLAT 2023 portal.
- Fill out the application form with your details, like communication and educational details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Select your test centre preference.
- Once you fill in all the details and upload all the documents, re-check the details filled in.
- Submit the form.
- Now proceed to submit the fee through the fee portal.
Once the fee is paid, your application is considered submitted. Without fee payment, your application will not be considered for CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023: Application fee
The CLAT 2023 registration process is not complete until the fee is paid. The candidates can only pay the fee online. The fee to be paid is different for candidates of different categories.
Besides the application fee, candidates must pay bank transaction charges.
Essential Instructions for CLAT registration process 2023
- The candidates must submit the application forms and pay the fee by 13 November 2023 (till 11:59 PM).
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The candidates can only pay the fee online. The fee paid cannot be transferred or refunded.
- Be careful while filling in the details. Check them twice to be sure that you have not made any mistakes.
- The details in the application form must match the candidate’s original documents/certificates. In case of a mismatch, the candidate’s application form and admission will be considered.
- Once the fee is paid, you cannot make further edits. Therefore be mindful while filling out the form.
- If you have filled out the application form more than once, the most recent and the completed application will be considered for further process.
- The documents uploaded must be scanned. Abide by the size and format specifications. The candidates must upload all documents in PDF form only.
The CLAT registration process is the first step in the CLAT 2023 admission process. Therefore, complete the registration process carefully. Read the instructions on the Consortium’s official website to understand the process better.